Sunday, October 30, 2011

Birthday at the Huntsman's



Grandpa and Grandma Blacker
Our sweet cousins Kaitlyn and Kerstin came and brought Josh some birthday cheer!


My present to Joshey! Specialized shoes...his favorite biking brand!


Josh's sweet nurse Debbie came to visit and brought Josh a fight cancer sword!

Even the room service in the hospital knew it was Josh's birthday!

Josh couldn't eat until 4:00 because of his Pet Scan so this is his steak birthday dinner from Huntsman's room service!
Cousins Sara and Travis and their sweet baby girl Kynlee!
Trev and Michelle!
Our wonderful friend Jessica Griffin came to visit and gave Josh a sweet get well present!




Just hangin' out in Josh's room!


This is when Josh is getting his 3rd round of chemo. He slept through the whole thing! 

 Josh's biking crew!  They went to Moab this weekend, so they stopped to see him on their way back! Josh had just barely finished chemo, so we had to wake him up.  Josh was definitely surprised!

After those biking boys left, Josh started shaking very hard. They gave him a Priesthood blessing and  then the doctor came in. The doctor said he had an allergic reaction, so they had to give him a bunch of meds. It was pretty scary. This picture is of our two dads rubbing him to help stop the shaking.         

 Uncle Layne and Aunt Dianne came to visit!
Dianne, SuZan, Kerstin, Sara, and Spencer ran a half marathon today. They told us when it got tough they thought of Josh and it gave them a lot of strength. Dianne gave Josh her medal and told him he'd be running with them next year. Very tender. We all shed some tears.

Aunt Suzan and Uncle Henri

Josh reading his card from all his friends at work.


Tears as he opened his present from all his coworkers. 

Love my sweet hubb! 

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I'm glad he had so many people who came to celebrate with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, i teared up reading this!! i'm so happy you had so many people you love around you to help celebrate josh's day. he's a special guy and deserves the very, very best day possible. we can't wait until you guys can come back to rexburg! love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are popular! sounds like a fun day..how do you two look so cute in every picture-and you're living in the hospital!! I'm glad it was a fun day of celebration..good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I wish I had known! You guys have an awful lot of people who love you! Thanks for sharing these happy things on here. We are thinking of and praying for you.

    We wish you could have made it to our ward Halloween party on Friday. Ben and Michele Gibson dressed up as Bishop and Sister Kunz. It was awesome! Happy Halloween today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Megan. thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I just discovered yours. Wow what a journey you guys are going through. Sounds exactly par for the course for a bone marrow transplant patient, so I have no doubt things will start getting better.Pretty darn terrible in the mean time though, I'm so sorry. I haven't been working because I've been so sick with our little peanut, but can't wait to come back and be your nurse! You are in my prayers as well. Love ya girl. You two are very tough cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Josh!!! We are all praying for you. I watch this blog daily to try and keep up on what is going on. Thank you Megan so much for posting such personal things on here. I watch anxiously for Josh's progress. We love and miss you both so much. Hope to see you soon. I am dying for a big ol' Megan hug...One of my favorite things since I married into this family 14 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think about you two every single day. Know you both are in my thoughts and prayers as you both go through this trial in life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan, I somehow came across your blog and I could not help but cry when I did! Wow!! What you guys are going through right now is tough. You both look so in love!And so strong! Keep fighting! We will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete