Journal Entry
Ever since the spinal tap and chemo on last Thursday Josh has been very sick with a horrible spinal headache. He has been in bed laying flat all day everyday since Thursday. Sunday morning we went to the hospital and he had what's called a blood patch. They took blood from Josh's arm and put it up in his spine, hoping to create a blood clot where the hole in the spinal fluid sac is to help stop spinal fluid leakage. He had this done twice. His back was and is very sore from all the poking it has had done to it.
Unfortunately the blood patch didn't help his spinal headache. He's still been in bed since. This morning he woke up in so much pain. So it has been 6 days straight. We were thinking of doing another blood patch today, but after calling our Nurse at Huntsman's she said she didn't want anymore poking his back in case there is infection. She was especially concerned he isn't eating very well.
So my mom made a nice comfy bed in the back of the van and she is meeting Josh's dad in Pocatello and the boys are off to SLC to the Huntsman's. I'm not able to go because I have work all day. They took clothes just in case they end up staying the night, but they don't really know what's going to happen.
I hope that they can help my sweet hubb and ease some of his pain.
Next Thursday is his next cycle of chemo and next spinal tap so we are really hoping the next one won't hit him as hard as this one has.
It's hard not to be there with them. It's hard to hear/see him in so much pain and not being able to do much for him. I'm just hoping he will come back home feeling much better! I will be anxiously waiting for news.
Love,
Megan
You are both strong people!! Still praying for you in our home.
ReplyDeleteman, your boss sounds like a JERK! call in sick!! JK, but really, we'd figure out a way to get your appointments covered down there if you ever needed it! thinking about you guys today. love you.
ReplyDeleteMegan you are such a strong positive person, I hope you get your hubby back feeling better then when you last saw him. Your strength is so inspiring. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you...
ReplyDeleteMy dear sweet Megan, Please know that we love you both so much and keep you both constantly in our prayers. (Even Paytyn is praying for you guys in her little prayers). Please don't hesitate to call if you need anything at all!!!
ReplyDeleteJason and Katrina Stucki