The last few weeks have been pretty eventful and quite frankly not very fun. It has been so great to have all of the support, concern, and help from so many family and friends. I have been in the hospital for the last two and half weeks or so, fighting crazy fevers and trying to figure out what is causing them. I think I've had about every test done that they can do, and with every test there was nothing wrong that they could find. It has definitely been a life changing experience. I never thought that this type of thing would happen to me, but I've learned that sometimes there are other plans in store for us that we never consider. It is a very humbling experience to be so helpless, and unable to do everything on your own. It is also so humbling to see how much goodness there is in so many people. Everyday it is crazy to see how friends, family, associates, and even people that I don't really know reach out and just help us. Thank You to all of you who have been so helpful, generous, and concerned for Megan and I. We are doing great. It has been a huge challenge to deal with all of this, but I could not do this without my sweet wife. Megan is such an amazing, strong, and supportive wife and best friend, and I am so lucky to have her! It has been really hard to be apart here and there, but it has only made me appreciate her more.
As I've been in the hospital and have been able to see so many other people dealing with cancer's and other health issues, it has made me feel very blessed that this is all I have to deal with. I feel like I have it easy sometimes. This morning I went to the emergency room with some problems and concerns, and while I was there, one of the nurses that was working with me was just finishing up his treatment for T-cell Lymphoma, which is the same as I have. It was very encouraging to hear his experiences and to see that what I am going through was the same things that he went through. It was a tender mercy to have some hope and see that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am doing good, and I have a lot of faith and trust in my Heavenly Father. My Testimony has only been strengthened through this experience, and I feel that I have a greater understanding of what this life is about. I don't take it for granted, and have every desire to live every day to the fullest. There is a lot that we don't understand or comprehend, but we just have to know that there is a purpose in all things. Again, thank you to anyone and everyone who has helped us out in ANY way. We continue to feel your prayers and support, and are so grateful!
<3 What a beautiful post Josh. You are amazing. We know you are going to beat this!!! Love you guys!! Love, Sara
ReplyDeleteThis is Clayt...this post just solidifies that you are far better than I am. Seriously you have become one of my heroes. Keep gettin' better brotha!
ReplyDeleteJosh, you are amazingly strong and a great example for all of us who complain about our small problems. We love you and pray for you often!!!
ReplyDeleteThe Jason and Katrina Stucki Clan...
it's good to read your post! Josh you are an inspiration. Grady & I think about you and Megan often. We're keeping you both in our prayers! Keep up the blogging- helps us feel "in the loop"!
ReplyDeleteJosh you are so strong! I am so glad Megan has you and you have Megan! She lights up when ever she talks about you. You are 2 of tthe most amazing people I know! Love you guys and are praying for you both!
ReplyDelete