Mr. Josh LOVES planes and helicopters. As long as I've known him he's always pointing in the sky when he sees one or the other! "Look a plane!" Josh has even toyed around with the idea with becoming a Pilot. He dreams of owning his own plane or helicopter one day!
Well Josh and our friend Dave have started to play Flight Simulator. They can spend lots of time on that thing! When we have traveled via airplane, Josh has made claims that he could land that plane if necessary! (mm hmm...) Brandilyn (Dave's wife) says Dave makes the same claims.
Last week Dave and I were talking and we came up with a brilliant plan! We decided to surprise Mr. Joshey with a helicopter ride! In Idaho Falls at the airport they have a introductory helicopter flight for interested students. They teach you on ground for about a half hour and then you get to go in a two seat helicopter for another half hour with an instructor and they let you fly it with their help!! Neither Josh or Dave had ever been in a helicopter, let alone FLY one!!
Dave called and set up the appointment for both of their flights. Oh my goodness! How could I hold this exciting surprise in for a FULL week?? Well guess what...I DID IT! I was literally oozing with excitement! I had to call and tell friends when I got excited, so I wouldn't tell him!
The plan:
I had been telling Josh I really wanted to go have a little date together when he got off work on Wednesday before chemo treatment on Thursday. Of course because that is when we had scheduled the flight! He had NO idea!
Well Wednesday came and it was raining all day long! Oh man, I was getting nervous! I have been so excited for this surprise! We can't reschedule! How will I hold it in longer? Dave called the airport and they said we could still come and they'd play it by ear.
Well Wednesday after work came, time for our "date." I told him I needed to stop and grab something at the salon on the way. While I was in the salon I texted him, "Oh crap, I forgot I invited Brandilyn and Dave to dinner!" (haha...brilliant!) So we all walk out to the car. They get in the backseat and he's starting to feel a little suspicious. I put the camera on the dashboard to "take a picture!" Oh no, I was really videoing as I told him the big news!!
Oh it was a wonderful day!! That cute boy was grinning ear to ear! So fun to watch him grinning in that helicopter as it took off!
He's already planning his airplane flight....what have I gotten myself into? : )
Oh, so sweet! He sounds just like trav! Have you seen the huge remote control helicopter I gave him for christmas last year? He'll have to let josh fly it while you're here. He also says he could fly/land a plane whenever we fly, and he's thought about, becoming a life flight pilot! That was a very cool surprise!
ReplyDeleteHow fun Megs! It looks like Josh had a blast! :)
ReplyDeleteOH my goodness Meg! This is soooo cute! What a brilliant idea! I love your video! Miss you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Glad you guys finally have a blog!!
ReplyDelete-karly