I have had a hard time wanting to sit down and write. I have so many emotions and thoughts in my head, it's overwhelming and feels pretty jumbled.
It has been a very hard couple weeks. Josh is still hospitalized. It has been a week and a half. We transferred him to Huntsman's on Wednesday. The reason Josh is hospitalized is because he keeps getting high fevers. When he gets those fevers he also gets the shakes/chills. When a cancer patient is on chemo treatment they have very low immune system and so fevers usually mean infection. Even if they can't find the infection, with fevers they have to treat it like infection. They have ran LOTS of tests on Josh to try to figure out what's going on. MRI's, Cat Scans, blood cultures (like every 12-24 hours), ect.
Thursday night they decided to take Josh's appendix out. His blood pressure was really low and extremely high fever so they wanted to get him in that surgery asap, hoping that would solve the fever problem. They came and got him from the room at 9 PM and brought him back at 12:30 AM. He hadn't eaten since Tuesday because they told him not to in case he had to have surgery. When they brought him back in from surgery he was in a lot of pain. It just broke my heart. I had tears streaming down my face as I fed him ice chips and gave him sips of water and sprite. I convinced the Nurse to let him have some ice cream. That little bit of ice cream soothed his aching stomach a bit. That was was one of the hardest moments so far; listening to my husband in so much pain. That was a long night. My parents and sister left the hospital at 3 in the morning and I stayed there. I didn't get much sleep. Either did Josh. Nurses and Doctors were in and out constantly checking his blood pressure and temperature.
Unfortunately, taking out Josh's appendix has not solved the fever problem. He is still getting temperatures. The next day after surgery, he was very weak. The doctor said he needed to get out of bed as much as he could handle, even though it would hurt. That morning, with my dad being there to steady him, we timed him to stand up for five minutes. That wasn't an easy five minutes for Josh, but he did it!
Later that day, my dad took him outside and Josh was able to walk for a little bit.
Josh has massive back pain. Through the MRI you can see he has tumors all through his spine.
He has high temperatures. The highest he has gotten to is 109. It usually sits between 102 and 107 ish (when he's fevering). He hasn't gone 24 hours without spiking a fever.
At this point in time, we still don't know what is causing the fevers.
There are so many details I have left out, but I don't have the energy to write or think about it all.
How blessed I am for the good people around me. Family and friends, I am so thankful. I have been deeply touched.
Thank you for your journal entry Megan. I know you are so very tired and have been through so much. It helps us understand more what you are going through. We are keeping you in our prayers often during the day and pray that Josh will become stronger soon. Our love to you both, Margene and Gerry
ReplyDeleteOh Megan, I'm sorry that Josh is in so much pain. I'm praying that his pain will be lessened and that you'll be comforted and strengthened. I know you're strong Meg :) know that you two are loved and prayers are always coming your way. Jess
ReplyDeleteMegan,
ReplyDeleteSitting next to someone you love so much in a hospital bed is extremely difficult. It's scary, exhausting, emotionally draining, etc. Don't be afraid to let someone carry you for a little bit. :) Take advantage of family there.
Hang in there, still sending prayers your way!!
Love,
The Sullengers
Oh, Megan, Kevin told us about what you are going through and I saw your blog on Audrey's. I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you guys. This must be so incredibly hard for you both. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete~Charles and Nancy Tietjen
oh wow. you guys sure have been through more than most people go through in a lifetime in just the past 6 weeks or so. If there is anything we can do for, please don't hesitate to ask. I know you have tons of family and friends around that you could go to, but just know that our offer will be sitting on the table or whatever you need at anytime. We're praying for you guys.
ReplyDeleteDara
Hang in there. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you both.
ReplyDeleteMegan!! You are such an inspiration of faith and love to me! Thank you for taking time to update this blog, I'm sure for you it's low on the priority list but it's important for everyone on the sidelines cheering you on and waiting to jump in.
ReplyDeleteMegan-
ReplyDeleteWe just heard about the news and wanted to let you know we are praying for you guys 100%! Our hearts ache for you guys and this situation you're in, you are so strong- you're such an inspiration! I hope you know that lots of people out here are praying and thinking of you!!!
You guys are so loved! You are in our prayers constantly, we love you!
ReplyDeleteI wish that love could fix everything, because you guys have so much of it coming your way right now!!! We are always there for you!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you both bunches of oats,
Jason, Katrina and the Kiddos
Josh and Megan,
ReplyDeleteYou are very much in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything we can do to help PLEASE let us know. Nate is always willing to come and help out if you ever need him to or even just to talk. Good Luck and know that we LOVE YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!!! XOXOXOXO
Nate and Lisa
Hang in there! I know both of you can pull through this together with your love for each other and for the Lord. Your in our prayers every night we kneel before going to bed! We love you!
ReplyDeleteHang in there you! What a deal. I love the song on fb that you posted. Glad you are there for Josh and each other. Touching story in life you are experiencing and sharing. Bless your heart! Love you!
ReplyDelete