This weekend has definitely been a tough one. It has been one week after chemo. This means that his white count is very very low. White cells are the "fighting" cells. So when Josh is sick and his white count is low, it makes things much harder.
This weekend Josh has had high fevers. He has been coughing like crazy. He has a VERY sore throat. His fingers and toes are tingly and a little numb. He is congested and can barely breathe. He has sores on his tongue. His head hurts. His bones ache.
We think he has an infection. It's hard when that happens on the weekend because Josh's Doctor and Nurse aren't there and they know his situation with fevers and whatnot. They call him the mystery patient because they are still trying to figure out what has been causing those high fevers.
So today, Monday morning, he is headed to Salt Lake. This morning he felt even more sick. It was really sad and hard to see him so weak and in so much pain.
I have to stay here because I have to work today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. I will head down as soon as possible. We are thinking they will admit him in the hospital again. They will probably give him antibiotics through the IV.
We will know more soon enough. He is in good hands.
Miss you sweet boy! I will be there soon!!!
Just came across your blog. I just graduated from byuidaho--if i was still there I would def be bringing dinner over. You write so beautifully and I can tell you love you husband. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeletexoxo
ally
www.allymullin.blogspot.com
love your cute posts meg! let me know if you ever need anything while you're close by down here..good luck!
ReplyDelete