Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday, February 11th there was a 5k and 10k race in Albion, Idaho called the Heart 2 Heart. Part of the proceeds were for Josh's benefit. It meant so much to us that friends, family, and strangers would run in the cold with Josh in mind. We have been humbled time and time again.

Our eyes have been opened to so much good.



Our sweet family did a family run that same day. They sent us a video message where each one talked to Josh. It was a tender experience to watch the video and see the pictures from the run. We feel beyond blessed to have such loving family. Our hearts ached a bit, wishing to be in on the fun run, but at the same time our hearts were full with so much gratefulness and love.



Sunday, February 12th




One day I was in the hall and a nurse came and brought me a package that came in the mail for me. I was so surprised! I had no idea what it could be! 
When I opened it up and saw this I was shocked!! I was not expecting anything! Oh my goodness I was so giddy and excited!!
I ran into Josh's room and I said, "Babe! You are SOO sweet!  You are so sneaky!! Thank you SO much!!" 
He was a little out of it from all the meds that he was on. He looked at me and said, "I didn't give you that."

haha!

So I started to read the little poem that was in the box and I could see the wheels turning and his eyes lit up and he remembered! He then said, "I'm soo glad you like it! It looks so pretty on you!"

Such a sweetheart!



Happy Valentine's Day

I made Josh four picture books! 

Wedding
Honeymoon
1st year anniversary 
2nd year anniversary




He hasn't been able to look through the books yet. 

Baby Steps
Progress
Moving forward
Stronger everyday







We have felt extremely thankful to be at the Huntsmans. 
The staff is truly amazing.
We have now been in the hospital for a long time. Josh has been admitted into the hospital since
December 29.


Bond
There is a very tangible bond that has formed. Us as patients and family put our trust in the nurses and doctors. The doctors and nurses put forth so much work and are constantly serving us. So, many times, in my opinion, a bond is formed.
We have gotten so close to so many people here. It is amazing. We feel like we are all one big family. 
It is such a wonderful feeling!
They will always hold a special place in our hearts. We will be forever friends.


Josh has a feeding tube in. They haven't been letting him eat or drink for the last week and a half because they don't want anything to go into his lungs and cause more problems.
The last couple days they have let him have ice chips and popsicles!
He is loving it!
He told us the other day,
"I love popsicle time!"
We all got a good laugh.  

I went to the store and bought him a big box of otter pops. 

He keeps asking for sprite, mountain dew, or gatorade. He doesn't understand why he just can't drink! 



Sitting up has been a big step forward for Josh in the last couple days.
Getting him up is good exercise and also helps his lungs.





28 comments:

  1. love this post. you are the sweetest. i'm going to stop by one day..so proud of you two! Happy love day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and all in many thoughts and prayers all the time!! Praying for healing and strengh for Josh!
    Karrie Schow
    Rupert Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics without the darth vader BipAp machine! Yeah for Josh. And I happen to know for a fact all of those nurses and doctors love taking care of you guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't really know me. I was in the ward for a few months. I never got the opportunity to meet you, but I heard a lot about you. You are a wonderful woman and both of you make a beautiful pair. You are an inspiration. You are happy in the darkest of times. You are an example to the world. My husband and I will be praying for you. We wish you both the best. Sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I dont know if you remember me. I went to church with you in rexburg for a little while, but I have definetly never forgoten you. You were one of the first people to talk and befriend me. You are in our prayers and hearts. You are such an amazing couple! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't know me either, but I'm a friend of Linsey's and have just been reading your journey. I just wanted to tell you how incredibly lucky your husband is to have such a sweet, strong, positive and loving wife! You are amazing and I admire your positive outlook and strong faith you've had in this whole experience. You and Josh are truly inspiring and you two will be in my family's prayers. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't know me, but I am Josh's cousin...I have been following his journey and have been thinking alot about you and him your families. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. You truly are an amazing lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Megan, like a lot of other people who have commented, you don't know me. I knew Josh a little bit, just from the plasma center.. I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. You are so strong!! I can't say I would be as strong as you, if I were in your shoes. You are simply AMAZING!! We are praying for you, and have put your name on the prayer roll at the temple. I know it doesn't mean much if I say stay strong, I can't even comprehend how you feel, but stay close to the Gospel and your family and you can get through this. I am thinking of you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Megan,
    You may not remember me but you guys hung out with us, Kevin and Audrey a few times. I just wanted to let you know how sorry we are for the loss of Josh. From the few times we hung out with you guys we really thought you guys were the cutest and most perfect couple. Sadly we won't be able to make it to the funeral but know that our prayers and thoughts will be with you. I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling right now but know that you can lean on the Lord, family, and friends for support. You don't have to go through this alone, the Lord will help you. You are an amazing girl and you will get to be with Josh again. You will be happy again. Right now it probably doesn't feel like it but you will. Stay strong and know that people are here for you.

    -Charles and Nancy Tietjen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Megan-
    You don't know me, but I worked at the plasma center with Josh for a few months before we moved to Utah. I just wanted to tell you that I am so sorry for your loss. Josh was such a great guy- he always had a smile on his face, was a great worker, and just a genuinely nice guy. I've been reading your blog for a while and I am so amazed by how strong you have been through this. You are such an amazing example of how we should be through tough times. I wish we could make it to the funeral to show our support, but please just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Kristen Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Megan,
    I am good friends with your brother Josh. I have been hearing about Josh's story from your brother as well as reading your blog. My heart goes out to you, your family, and Josh's family. This is a tough time for all of you and I want you to know that there is hope. Right now is hard, but there is hope for happiness in the future, hope that all your memories will be smiles and not sadness, hope that there will be less tears.....You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    "You can do hard things."

    Darcy Farrer

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart is aching for you. You are loved and many people are mourning with you.

    (from Isaiah 61)

    1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

    2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

    3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Megan,
    I am praying for you. My heart aches for you.
    with love,
    MeriBeth Poulsen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about praying for you during this difficult time!!! I wish there was something that I could say, but I know there are no word for your grief!! Lifting you up!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Megan,
    I don't know if you remember me from school, high school that is. You probably remember me with the last name Godby. Anyway, it's ok if you don't I just want you to know that we are praying for you. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. This is the only way I knew how to communicate with you.

    John 14:1-4 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.”

    Josh is with God and I hope you find comfort in that. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate. klowe725@yahoo.com

    all our love.
    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have just spent an hour reading through your blog and am amazed at how strong you are Megan!! When I heard about this I couldn't believe that it was you.. That It was the Megan Stucki that I knew. I am SO sorry for your loss, My heart hurts for you and I find myself thinking about you often! Thank you for your inspiring journey and example and for making me more grateful for today! I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Megan,

    I heard about your story from my cousin (Cortney Parkinson). She showed me your blog. I read through it and cried. My husband passed away from cancer 3 years ago. We also spent lots of time at Huntsman. All of your pictures brought back so many memories of the things that we experienced. I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know the pain and heartache you are experiencing-- and it's horrible. Turn your burdens over to the Lord. I'm so sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am truly sorry for the loss of your sweetheart. You were a special couple.

    I pray that you will feel the peace, comfort, understanding and ENABLING power of the Atonement.
    Last year while going through a hardship, I gained a testimony of the enabling power of the atonement when I cam across a talk by Elder Bednar titled, "In the Strengh of the Lord"
    a quote from that reads,

    "Most of us clearly understand that the Atonement is for sinners. I am not so sure, however, that we know and understand that the Atonement is also for saints--for good men and women who are obedient and worthy and conscientious and who are striving to become better and serve more faithfully."

    There will be many days when you wonder how you can have the strength to get out of bed and go through the daily motions of life. But you must remember and find strength in the enabling power of the atonement.

    "There is help from the Savior for the entire journey of life"

    Sending Hugs and Prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You don't know me I came across your blog through Ashley Sullenger. I am so sorry for your loss. I just have to say that you are truly an amazing women, with a hard of gold. I was recently diagnosed with a rare brain disease that is turmanul and I can only hope my husband is even half as kind and loving towards me when my time comes. My husband actually is planning on reading your blog to see how someone who has been through loosing their spouse was able to handle the heartbreak. I only hope at this time you can feel the arms of our Saviour around you, I know He is there and holding you close, as I have felt Him so close since my diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I found you through Ashley--and I'm so glad I did! What an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me and the blogging world. It's Very touching...and has me tears as we speak. I am thinking of you and your sweet family during this difficult time! It is very evident that you and Josh love each other with all your heart, and I hope you will receive the love and support you need during this time. I hope you will find a time to start writing again. loves

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know what to say but that im sorry. My heart is breaking for you. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are feeling. Sending lots of love and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Megan,
    You are in my prayers and thoughts everyday. I only hope you can find the peace in your heart at this time. You have great faith and courage, thanks for being a great example.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so sorry Megan. I'll pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You don't know me, but my husband and I are from Rexburg and have heard from our families about you and Josh over the past few months. I am so sorry for your loss. You are an angel and I hope the Lord will bear you up through this time. You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Megan,
    This is Alyssa (Hill) Haws. We were on the jump rope team together forever ago. My heart has been aching for you ever since I heard about Josh. I wanted to reach out to you in someway but didn't how or what to do. I found your blog through Ashley Sullenger. While I don't have the right words to say, you've been in my prayers. The love that you and Josh had for each other is very evident in the words and pictures on your blog. May you be blessed with the love and support of your family during this painful time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Megan,
    I heard your story from Ashley Sullenger's blog and you have been in my thoughts and prayers for weeks now and I find myself crying for you. You don't know me, and I live all the way across the country from you, but we share the same faith and I know that you are one of the strongest, most loving and inspirational women I've ever read about. I hope that you know that those who leave us on Earth and cross the veil do not go very far and I'm sure you already feel his presence with you. Please know that your story has touched my life in an unexpected way.

    ReplyDelete