January 19th
Jed came to visit! We decided to go for a walk around the hall!
January 20th
An afternoon nap! Sweet hubb is exhausted!
January 21st
First time pedaling in a LONG time! I am one proud wifey!!
January 22nd
Enjoying some yummy pizza!
January 23rd
I decorated our hospital room a bit!
January 24th
Mr. Tough Stuff is
ROCKING
Day 2 on the bike!
Our hospital room doesn't get very much sunshine, so when we can get out of the room and into the hall lobby,
Josh is in HEAVEN! The sunshine feels absolutely amazing to him!
January 25th
Josh had this long camera stuck down his throat, nose, and ears!
He has had a hard time eating because his throat hurts.
She found thrush in his mouth and throat.
He's taking medicine for it and it has been helping!
Working hard, but truly exhausted. It is frustrating for Josh to have lost all his muscle.
Josh gets many bags of platelet (blood) transfusions each day.
His legs are very very stiff from so much time in bed.
January 26th
Out walking the hall loop to get a little exercise.
We stopped in the lobby for a little cuddle time!
First time I've sat with my husband's arm around me in a very long time.
Ooh! It felt
GOOD!!
|
Wow! Megan you do a great job at posting exactly when I need to stop feeling bad for myself and ya'll make me realize I need to get my sh*t together! Josh...your tenacity is second to none! I miss you guys.
ReplyDelete- clayt
My brother Jon was a bone marrow donor last year - it was for a stranger, Jon still doesn't know anything about the recipent, except that it was for a young man. I am so proud that he would do this - and encourage anyone who is eligible to join bone marrow registers.
ReplyDeletePraying for Josh every day, that he will be healed and regain his strength.
You guys are amazing. Josh you are so strong and such a fighter and we're all so proud of you and praying and rooting for you!! Meg, you are an amazing wife! We love you both so much!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update Megs! We have been thinking about you both constantly and are glad you are both hanging in there! I am blessed to know two amazing examples who NEVER GIVE UP! Stay strong.
ReplyDeleteI second Pols comment of encouraging everyone to join the registry. Simply follow this link: http://marrow.org/Join/Join_the_Registry.aspx Usually they ask for a registration donation to help with the cost of typing and matching people, but here is a promo code that waives that fee: BTMM49. Once you register you will be mailed a swab kit with instructions on taking samples from your cheeks. Then you simply send it back in the pre-paid envelope. Finally you are placed on a list of willing donors, and will be contacted if you are ever found as a match! Even though Josh has got a match it is such a great way to show your support for him and all people who are in need!
Thanks for the post! I love your strength! We keep praying!
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see him up and around> I can't imagine how it would feel to loose that much strength! And I am so glad one of his siblings is a match!
ReplyDeleteMegan,
ReplyDeleteWe're all praying. Just so you know.
Love you friend,
~Laurene
I came across your page via the Rigby Zumba FB page. I just wanted to stop by and send my best thoughts and wishes and also let you ever need a silent auction item, I am a photographer and would be happy to donate a gift certificate to the cause. Please let me know.
ReplyDelete-Heather
sellers.photo@gmail.com